Kids say the cutest things...

0 Comments »
One of my favorite parts of being a parent is the adorable things kids say :-)  I keep a little notebook in our kitchen so I can jot down what they say.  So, I thought I'd grace you all with some of their quotes...
Over the summer I over heard Brittney & Kailee talking while they were swinging in the back yard.  This is how their conversation unfolded...
Kailee:  "Brittney, some people say that God & Jesus are the same person, but that's not true.  God is God & Jesus is Jesus."
Brittney:  "Yeah, but they are also the same person."
K:  "No their not!"
B:  "Kailee, listen.  It's like sandwiches, there are ham sandwiches & peanut butter sandwiches, but they are both sandwiches"
K:  "Oh."
(I have no idea how Brittney came up with that, but I think it was one of the best & simplest ways I've ever heard the trinity explained!  And, Kailee was absolutely satisfied with her answer!)
Kailee is allergic to oranges & she is very good at remembering not to eat them. Well, we found out the hard way that Burt's Bees Baby Lotion has orange oil in it - after we rubbed it all over her after a bath, she broke out in a very angry looking rash.  Thankfully, another bath, some Benedryl & a few days was all she needed for it to rectify itself.  A few weeks after this happened, I took the girls to Applebee's for lunch.  On our way into the restaurant, Kailee announced that she was "allergic to Burt's Bees, but not Applebee's!"  She's pretty quick ;-)
Brandon's latest thing when we're in the car is to put is sunglasses in the cup holder that is part of his car seat.  The way he says it just makes me laugh.  I'm not great at phonetic spelling, so stick with me.  He says, "Mama, put yasses in my fup holder!"  I'm not sure, but I think that may be baby cuss words!
Brittney thinks that Dairy Queen is actually Dairy Cream!
Well, I hope these snippets put a smile on all of your faces  :-)

0 Responses to "Kids say the cutest things..."

Post a Comment